LEARNING BASICS ON WORDPRESS
It’s a part of understanding wordpress.
WordPress is very suitable for photographer, artist, seller, corporate agency and everyone to build website. There are several reasons that make it an option, especially in
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER INSTALL WORDPRESS?
- Add a theme that suits with design plan. Can use free or premium theme but never use nulled scripts. Refer the demo and documentation to do it easy.
- Add important plugins like for seo features then configure it.
- Configure your timezone, site language (a site language make the web browsers identify what your language, select Bahasa Melayu if you use malay language in the content. So translator can generate correct translate).
- Set the permalink structure. You can set with postname structure like yourweb/post-name or yourweb/blog/post-name to make it friendly in seo.
To get good design the majority of wordpress users will buy premium theme and plugins including me and i recomend it but not mean we can’t build good designs by using free theme. The ability to understand the basics of wordpress and plugins features will determine of the web design. So never stop to learn it.
HOW TO USE WORDPRESS ?
- Login as administrator.
- Go to Appearance – Themes – add new if you want to use free themes from wp library. I suggested never use theme that no update for a year or later, it for web security.
- If you want to use theme has downloaded from 3-rd website make sure you are download from trusted website. Never download from themelock or similar website.
- Before upload make sure that folder in .zip theme is correct, so you can increase your hosting storage.
- You can upload theme by using the button on the top of themes selection page.
- If there any problem during upload you can use FTP connection or file manager to upload theme, do not forget to open .zip file.
- Activate theme in Appearance – Themes then configure.
- Select Plugins – add new.
- Use keyword form to search similar feature plugin. Only use plugin with updated version at least in a year.
- Activate and configure plugin.
- Select Appearance – widgets.
- Select widget and put to the sidebar section.
- Select Pages – add new.
- You can create paragrapaphs by using the tools and upload images by using Add media button, you can insert shortcode or select to Text mode to input html codes.
- In page attribute you can select as parent page or subpage then select template that suitable.
- You can add a featured image to display thumbnail.
- Select publish button.
- Select Posts – add new.
- The concept is same with add new page but with additional features like category selection and add some tags.
- Select publish button.
Homepage display options.
- Select Settings – reading.
- Some wordpress theme need this configuration to synchronize design like in demo, select a static page as frontpage and save. Refer to theme documentation is so recommended.
- Select Appearance – menus.
- Create menu name then select pages, posts category or use custom link to add menu structure.
- Save menu.
- Select location to display menu in header or footer if compatible with theme.
This basics will realize web design plan by using selected theme and plugins of millions listed, so find your web inspiration.